Friday, January 23, 2009

My new favorite thing is ....


YOGA! I have started going to Yoga classes at the U of S and absolutely love it. The word yoga means "union" in Sanskrit, the language of ancient India where yoga originated. We can think of the union occurring between the mind, body and spirit.

What is commonly referred to as "yoga" can be more accurately described by the Sanskrit word called asana , which refers to the practice of physical postures or poses.

Asana is only one of the eight "limbs" of yoga, the majority of which are more concerned with mental and spiritual well being than physical activity. In the West, however, the words asana and yoga are often used interchangeably.


I have a lot of work to do if I am going to be good at it but I am optimistic;) I went with Sarah and Rhonda today and it was enjoyed by all, thanks girls!

So until next time everybody...


NAMASTE
( meaning the divine in me honours the divine in you, a term said when parting)

No comments:

Post a Comment