Saturday, January 17, 2009

In A Nutshell


I cannot sum up my time spent in Japan as I will undoubtedly not do it justice. I wish I would have done this while I was there but...alas I had no computer and little time as I was at karaoke! haha. I always loved this picture. I met so many wonderful people in Japan and most(not all) of them are in this photo. I lived in Shimodate, Ibaraki and taught English to 1-10 year olds. The kids were wonderful and taught me so much as did all the friends I made. Japan is a beautiful country with magnificent landscapes and the feel of the old world. They are such polite, giving people and I had the best time of my life. I am thankful every day that I had the opportunity to go there and experience what I did. I know that it forever changed me and I apply this experience to my everyday life now that I am back in Canada. I won't go into particular memories here as I cannot count the number of memorable moments that happened in my two years there. I just want to mention all of the people that forever will be in my heart: Ang, Brad, Jody, Juan, Crystal, Riccardo, Colin, Daichi, Mel, Nori, Dan, Jen, Drew, Billy, Trav, Peter, Chris, Anna, Dave, Brian, Mike, Mie, Hidenori, Hideki, Yuka, Sagi-san, Yoko, Makoto, Leah, Una, Neil, and my great bosses and Japanese "parents" Cynthia and Hiro. (I know I am forgetting some!)You all made an impact on me and I love you all and will always remember you. Thank You and I hope that we will meet again someday! Also thank you to both Mom and Joey for flying over to Japan to experience it with me. ARRIGATO GOZAIMASU and SAYONARA!

No comments:

Post a Comment