Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Sun Has Set


The sun has set on a period of our lives. It is that time again where we say goodbye to a year and all the memories that it held and hello to a new one. 2010 marks the end of an entire decade to say my farewells to. A decade where much has happened to me, the decade since high school! I feel both privileged and lucky to have had the chance to go to University. I have a B.A.(English) and am almost done my second degree(B.Ed with a double major/double minor). I have had the opportunity to live in Japan, meet many people from all over the world and teach there. That experience is one that has changed me forever. It was like living in a dream for over 2 years and I look back upon that time now and smile with fondness. It is one of the highlights of the decade for certain. This has been a period of great technological advancement all over the world. I can't believe we never had cell phones and laptops when I was in school;-) Things are changing so rapidly, I cannot imagine what life will be like in the future. From Sega to Wii, walkie-talkie sized cell phones for "emergency use only" to the sleek new i-phones and Blackberry's, heavy laptops to feather lite ones, enormous televisions to plasma flat screens...we have much to keep ourselves busy with these days. I just hope the world doesn't forget to smell the flowers, taste the rain, play outside, use their imaginations, and talk to people face to face. I have made many new friends and made stronger bonds with some of my old friends. I have had people in my life and lost them, although they are no longer a part of who I am now they have had an impact on me and I wish them nothing but the best. I had to say goodbye to my father as well as my grandfather and hope they are resting in peace after the struggles they endured in this world. I think I have learned a lot about myself in this past decade and had many ups and downs but am happy now with the person I have become and the dreams that I have followed. I am ready to close one chapter of my life and am optimistic about what lies ahead for me and those closest to me. I wish you all good luck, good fortune, good health and an abundance of love and happiness in the decade to come. I am not sure what is in store for me(who does really??) but I know that this decade to come will be even better for me than the last...

No comments:

Post a Comment