Monday, January 25, 2010

SNOW DAYS IN SASKATCHEWAN?



It is very odd to have a snow day in Saskatchewan. We have terrible weather a lot and things usually keep going no matter what the conditions. We got dumped on this weekend. I was supposed to go to Tisdale but we had crazy amounts of snow, little visibility and otherwise general terrible road conditions. As such, I stayed in the city. The good thing about snow days is that you can get a lot done seeing as you are stuck inside and can't go anywhere. We had some people over for a dinner party and games night on Saturday(all lived very close and so no one had to cancel and some walked(or trudged you might say) through the snow to my condo. Brian made Chicken Parmesan and it was a hit! The 8 of us had fun playing games till after 1am. I got a lot of homework and work stuff done this weekend too which was great. Brian and I ventured out yesterday as we were both starting to get "cabin fever". We went to a bookstore which was closed because of the weather, almost got stuck twice and stopped at a grocery store which is usually busy and only had about 10 people in it, we also went to Tim Hortons for coffee and the only people there were the workers and us...haha. Last night we attempted to go for a walk and only made it a block, very good workout to try to walk through this much snow;-) I am hoping the weather gets better by next weekend as I want to go see Mom, go to my friend's bridal shower and I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my good friend Erin's baby(which was due on January 20th) so am hoping it comes safely and they can get to the hospital in time in this weather! Well I think I will clean out my closet, do laundry, make a lovely dinner for tonight and do my new bikini body workout video.
On a sidenote: "Test the Nation IQ test" aired on CBC last night and so for 2 hours Brian and I did it to find out how "smart" we were. Conclusion: Apparently I am getting dumber by the year as my score was significantly lower than the previous year. Will say I am not mentally challenged but close;-) Brian, on the other hand, close to genius. Figuring the test was biased and those that came out on top seemed to be the male mathematician types;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment