Friday, January 8, 2010

Let's Hope...


My Mom went for a mammogram recently and they found a large mass. She goes regularly for these tests so it was a shock to her and those who love her. On Tuesday I took her to Saskatoon City Hospital for a biopsy. They removed five cysts and we are now awaiting the results which will take 7-10 days. Mom is having a hard time waiting , as am I. I think the most stressful thing whenever one gets sick is waiting for a diagnosis and waiting for those test results. The tests themselves often aren't pleasant either. I feel very sad for my Mom as she has not had it easy. She has had many health problems for years now as she is a brittle diabetic. Her eyes have been affected and she has lost some of her eyesight, then she began having heart complications also due to the diabetes. She had minor heart surgery in the fall and has had problems with that and will need to get another in the near future. If these things weren't enough of a hardship, she went for her mammogram and they found this mass. We don't know yet if it is benign or malignant but I am wishing, praying and hoping that it is not cancer. This is the last thing anyone needs but my Mom has been going through so much that she REALLY doesn't need it. It is always good to try to be optimistic because the brain is so powerful. All the negative things that happen to us only make us stronger, I truly believe that.

"In time of sickness, the soul collects itself anew."
Latin Proverb

2 comments:

  1. I will ring the bell, throw my money and clap two times for your Mom. We are keeping our fingers crossed for her and you.

    All our love,
    Jody and Juan

    ReplyDelete