Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thought of the Day


As I sit here studying and drinking my large double double a thought came to me about my favorite coffee. If you are a Canadian you will most certainly know about Tim Hortons. It is THE place for a cup of joe in our country. The line ups are usually out the door and if you choose drive thru you can expect to wait even longer. The coffee there is highly addictive, no other coffee seems to cut it for me or for most of my friends. It is kind of "the starbucks of saskatchewan";)Anyway, now that you have a little bit of background I want to rant a little. There is an annual contest at Tim's called "Roll Up the Rim"...now I am not angry because of the fact that I have NEVER won anything in all my coffee's there but I am a little perturbed by how the contest is played. You get a paper cup and roll the actual rim up where it says "Please Play Again".(or this is what all of mine say anyway) They give you a coffee in a glass cup and then give you a paper cup so that you can look at the rim and then it is thrown in the garbage. I keep thinking of all the waste that this is creating, millions of cups are not even being used but just tossed after the dreaded "please play again". I realize maybe people find it fun and the highlight of their day to physically roll a rim up on an enormous paper cup but come on....couldn't they just give us a little slip of paper , maybe a scratch and win or even a miniature cup where less paper and cardboard is being used??? I find it strange that in this day and age where everyone is "going green" that Tim's would create all of this waste. McDonalds even makes all of their stuff out of recycled materials and it is well...McDonalds.

No comments:

Post a Comment