Thursday, April 16, 2009

Seth's New Flick



So we went to "Observe and Report" last night and now I feel that I indeed did observe it and now I am going to report. I have one word for the movie....WEIRD! It was going along just fine, like a regular Seth Rogan movie, when all of a sudden it got absolutely crazy and whacked. He is a mall security guy....well head of mall security to be exact. He is bipolar, falls in love with the cosmetics girl in the mall(Anna Farris), stops taking his pills and proceeds to get really loopy. He and his fellow mall cop(Michael Pena who is absolutely hilarious!!)are beating up kids and cops, shooting up with heroin, snorting cocaine, smoking weed(well no surprise there really).Then Seth starts threatening the cinnamon bun man and getting his own butt whooped by an entire police squad. His rival is Ray Liotta who is a detective and is trying to take over his terrain at the mall when a pervert begins flashing women in the parking lot. In an attempt to get back at Ray and show what he is made of, Seth quits at the mall and tries out for the police force where he does not get accepted because he fails his psychological evaluation. It was all so bizarre that it was hard not to laugh at it. I am more of a fan of "Knocked Up" and "40 Year Old Virgin" still I would have to say. All in all, I love Seth but I can't say I loved this movie nor can I say that I liked the 10 minute scene at the end of the "flasher" running naked through the mall although it was very laughable. The end shocks as Seth blows out the "flashers" brains but then he gets up and is alive. We kept giving each other strange looks and half laughs through the duration. My point...if you want to sit through an hour of asking the person you are with "What the hell is going on here????" then definitely go see it!;) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment