Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happenings at Ye Olde Condo



Life is good but I am perturbed by my surroundings at the moment. I love my condo and it has a beautiful view of the golf course and a large pond. This pond is right outside my place and now that it is spring some "friends" of mine of flown back from the south. It was the geese who arrived a couple of weeks ago. It is mating season and all they all do is fight and/or try to "court" each other. They keep my up late at night and wake me up very early with their incessant honking and carrying on. I have attempted to borrow a gun of sorts from people but no one seems to have one;) The ducks just came a couple days ago and now the geese have others to talk to so it is louder than ever and they splash around day and night trying to maintain their respective turfs. Approximately 5 kids go out to the pond each day and throw rocks at them all and honk at them which has seemed to only create more havoc. Moving to the inside...my Mom brought me a new bed and since I do not have anywhere to put my old one at the moment I have mattresses out on my balcony blocking any light I may have had in here, headboard and endboard lie in my kitchen and pictures, decorations and a huge mirror as well as my roommates storage bins lying all over my house. It looks ridiculous. She is moving out soon and I can put the bed in her old room, etc, etc...Just gotta wait 2 more weeks! They have also been "testing" the fire alarm in the building and it goes off randomly and the shrill alarm plays for up to an hour at a time. Awesome! Soon ye olde condo will be back to normal...hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment