Sunday, March 8, 2009

Winter Blues


It is March 8th and it is cold. The wind blows, we have blizzards and all you see everyday is white snow all around you. I am getting really sick of this. I was quite happy and optimistic until the last couple days. Now I am just thinking " Come on, Enough Already!" Living in Saskatchewan, Canada we live through about 7 months of cold, snow filled days. There are about 2 1/2 months of nice, warm weather and the other 2 1/2 months are all about slush, mud, rain and all the leaves dying or budding on the trees. Although I have lived here almost my entire life I cannot help but wonder who would choose to live through this. Yes it is beautiful in the summer(all 2 1/2 months of it) but the rest of the year it sucks! I am so used to plugging in my car, having to let it warm up for 20 mins before I can drive it, shoveling snow, brushing snow off my car 3 times per day, taking heavy winter clothes on and off every time I go in and out and lastly just basically freezing my bum off. Frankly, it really chaps my ass (metaphorically and literally). I talk to friends in other countries where it is 10 degrees celsius while I am sitting here in -35 degrees celsius and am insanely jealous. It doesn't really seem fair. I will continue to wait patiently until spring has sprung. Hope all who are living elsewhere are enjoying your lovely weather;) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment