Sunday, March 29, 2009

AURORA BOREALIS


YESTERDAY WAS(cue in drumroll)...... EARTH DAY! Everyone was to shut all of their lights off from 8:30pm-9:30pm to make a statement about energy conservation. Cities all over the globe took part, including my city of Saskatoon! I have just begun to realize how lucky I am to live in Canada. Canada is one of the most beautiful, least polluted places on the planet. There are moments of true natural beauty here in front of my very eyes. Saskatchewan is famous for it's Northern Lights(aka: Aurora Borealis). One of the most fascinating places to view the Northern Lights in Canada is along the shores of Hudson Bay in Manitoba ... polar bear country! The other prairie provinces of Canada(where I am living right now) are also excellent for viewing the Northern Lights as there are wide open spaces and very few towns meaning plenty of darkness to enjoy the spectacular sight. The hours around midnight are the most rewarding to watch "Nature's Fireworks". I thought I would show some of you living in other parts of the world what it looks like:) Let's keep our planet beautiful and try to take care of it. HAPPY EARTH DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment