Wednesday, December 2, 2009

GREAT FREAKIN' WEEKEND!

On Friday it was SUNTEP's Christmas Party. We went over to Kate's house at 7pm and played some "Drinking Jenga" which is awesome! It was my first time playing it, I recommend. Then about 2 hours later we made our way to Winston's Pub(known for it's international assortment of beers in downtown Saskatoon). It was a great night with lots of drinking and dancing and even a midnight lunch which I ate lots of(gotta get my money's worth ya know even though I didn't pay anything;) Then the next morning Brian and I left for Calgary(well I wouldn't say morning as we were both feeling the affects of the night before) but we left early afternoon I guess. Brian got Grey Cup tickets from work which were worth about $350 bucks. He won a ticket but I didn't have one. We decided I would still go with him for a getaway weekend and just watch the game from our hotel room. We drove down to Calgary, Alberta(about 6 1/2 hour drive) and then checked into the nicest hotel I have ever been in. They built a new hotel by the airport in Calgary called Acclaim and it was awesome. Modern, great decorations and very comfy. The best part of the hotel was the rooftop hot tubs which were amazing. Since we were so close to the airport we had airplanes flying over us. There was a bit of snow and a bit of cold but the hot tub was great and we went to it 3x in our 2 days there. It was funny because it was set up as a Japanese onsen and had a definite Japanese theme. I loved it. Also free continental breakfast is always nice! The bad part of the trip was me trying to drive from the airport hotel to pick Brian and his friends up at McMahon stadium which was absolutely crazy. It would have been bad enough but I didn't know the city. I have to say I got them off the side of the road and took them downtown for supper and then got us back to the hotel so I was pretty proud of myself. It was definitely stressful though...oh my god! As for the game...:( The Saskatchewan Roughriders lost and it was INCREDIBLY close and I was really into the game and upset at the loss. I was glad I wasn't at the game or I probably would have cried. Oh well, my friend Kelsi told me today that 1500 people were there to greet the Roughriders in Regina and the Montreal Allouettes(who were the Grey Cup winners) only had 100. IT SUCKS TO BE THEM! It was so close it didn't even matter after the fact really... Anyway, it was a wonderful, fun filled weekend and was happy to go out and have so much fun. The ride home was long and full of fog and ice but we made it safely. It was a wonderful time and am so happy with my GREAT boyfriend:) Hope you all are doing good too. PS: I have one more day of school left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment