Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Carry On...

This weekend I went to karaoke! I used to go to karaoke about 3-4 times per week when I lived in Japan and since I have been back in Canada I can count on one hand how many times I have went out for a crazy night of singing. I still very much prefer the booths of Japan with the shochu, friends and ability to sing whatever you wanted with little waiting time. In Canada, you have to go up on a stage in front of a whole bunch of people that you don't know which(unless you have had a couple) isn't so much fun for me. Anyway, the point of this ramble was a went to karaoke and got to belt out "Carry On My Wayward Son" by Kansas at a bar called " Crackers". Yes the bar is seriously called Crackers. I am not sure if they are referring to the light, flaky snack that you often eat with cheese or if they are referring to people of paler complexions...haha. Nonetheless, I decided that is my new favorite song and that Kansas is my new favorite band. I swear I should have been born in another generation :)

1 comment: