Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tickled Pink

Everything in my life that I was dreading is finished...final exams, the spring cleaning of my condo, and my brother's move from Alberta. I now have a few days to just relax and do fun stuff before I start work:) This is where I unveil my new boyfriend(drumroll....) named Brian. I made supper for him last night at my place(first time I have had him over!). I showed him my culinary skills...not them at their peak but definitely didn't wreck it;) He just wanted pasta so it is pretty hard to wreck that. Speaking of culinary skills....everyone in Japan thought I sucked during two different occasions 1) When I "manned the grill" and took 5 hours to barbeque stuff and it didn't turn out so well 2) When I attempted to make all of us "foreigners" a traditional Christmas dinner with two toaster ovens and some chickens. OK I am done with my reminiscing ...so yestersday we went for a walk and played in the park and ate ice cream like 5 year olds...good times! I debated going on the spring loaded horse but decided against it since I have been "bucked off" those things on two different continents on previous occasions already. I was hoping he would(so I could laugh at him) but sadly no... We went to play Risk with his friends today. I have not played that game since high school. I seem to remember being really good at it and always winning but today sadly I lost and was taken over. My mission was aborted when they realized what my mission was as I wasn't too secretive about it. oops! Guess I have forgotten how to play but it was fun anyway. Anyway, just want to let everyone know I am doing great and am a little smitten(cho sukoshi) at the moment and happier than I have been in a long time. Hope you are all well! Love you! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Whoa nelly! I definitely need a catch-up. So outta the loop! Hopefully I'll be able to catch you at home soon... though I don't know where that is. Can I call you at your mom's? Let me know when you're free (morning time).

    Btw, Riccardo and I ALWAYS have a laugh about 'manning the grill' and think of you when we discuss any sort of BBQ'ing. Good times.

    PS I always liked your cooking, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manning the grill...haha. Yeah I have two days left in Saskatoon and then I will be at Mom's house in Tisdale. I will probably be back and forth to the city lots this summer. I would love to talk! Can you call me at Mom's house on Thursday? I work Wed, Fri, Sat but will be there all day Thursday:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete